What a wanderer could wonder about...

Friday, September 22, 2006

The First AUT Annual Programming Contest

Well, I can't really help it. I'm addicted and I can't just let go. If you wonder what is this about, I'm talking about programming contests. Well, if you had a good team such as mine and the memories like I have, you might have been feeling the same.

And now, there is yet another programming contest on the plate! AmirKabir has started a set of annual programming contests (May be after the 3rd IAUM-CCC, they felt they have been left out of the league!). Everything is just like ACM/ICPC contests; i.e. participants are teams of three and contests are around 5 hours with around 6-10 problems. The online round was held quite smooth, with the help of the UVa Online Contest System, and with rather a good problem set (and the result was quite good as well!). The on-site round is on 27th and I'm already depressed that I'm going to miss it (Anyone knows of any travel grants for such contest?). Anyway, I wish my teammates the best of luck and hope they'll repeat the experience we had in Babol. I hope they won't get a single Football as their prize though! ;)

No comments: