What a wanderer could wonder about...

Monday, October 02, 2006

Purpose

"Looking good and dressing well is a necessity. Having a purpose in life is not!" -- Oscar Wild

Sitting in a bus station, next to my mother, I was watching people come and go in the streets of Stockholm Centralen. There were people of different age and origin and shape and size. There was a women with her baby, a Yong blond girl walking briskly and a middle aged, well dressed man, waiting for a taxi.

In a sudden rush of madness, I was just about to jump in the middle of the street and ask each of the people coming and going and waiting: What is your purpose in life! Why have you got up this Sunday morning dressed and walked out of your house. To what end and what future are you planning your lives....

Fortunately or unfortunately, my mother started talking and I was distracted and forgot about what I was to do. But what makes me afraid is that one of these days, this pressure inside is going to burst out in some sort of real madness. When is it going to happen, we shall wait and see...!

No comments: