What a wanderer could wonder about...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Confusion

When you are thinking about something you don't understand you have a terrible, uncomfortable feeling called confusion. It is a very difficult and unhappy business, and so most of the time you are rather unhappy actually, with this confusion, you can't penetrate this thing.

Now, the confusion is, because we are all some kind of apes that are kind of stupid trying to figure out how to put two sticks together to reach the banana, and we can't quite make it. So I always feel stupid. Once in a while, I put the two sticks together, and I reach the banana. --Richard Feynman

That was a very interesting piece I came by on Shefa. This explains a lot about why I look unhappy sometimes. That is because I am easily confused, I'm not that bright!* You can watch Feynman saying the above in an interview here.

--
* Read that with Chandler's intonation when saying:
"And we’re easily confused. We’re not very bright." (Friends, E10.15)

No comments: